Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Dyandra Edwards

I must say, today has been the highlight of my trip. We visited Vatican City and toured the Vatican museums, the Sistine Chapel, and St. Peter's Basilica. Later in the day we saw the Pantheon and the Revi Fountain. This was the part of the trip I had been waiting for the whole time.
All my life I've wanted to visit the Vatican. It's something I've been thinking of for years, and even thought of trying to plan on my own someday. But once I heard that this was going to be on the trip, I was very excited. We were able to see several different statues and paintings, glorious tapestries, and see the art that inspired Michelangelo's works. The Sistine Chapel was a wonderful thing to see, simply awe-inspiring.
The Pantheon was a wonderul experience. I walked around and saw the different statues and tombs, different paintings. However, the Trevi Fountain was awesome. Huge states adorned the fountain. People filled the steps around the fountain to take pictures, videos, and throw a coin or two into the fountain. One coin was to come back to Rome, and two was to come back with your true love. We were also able to have some free time today to shop and look around town.
I'm exhausted right now. But in a good way. I've had the day of my life, and I can go home happy with plenty of pictures to remember this day forever.

2 comments:

  1. This is incredible...I love all the posts you are writing. The videos are amazing.
    I feel like I am almost there--minus the jet lag.
    You are all wonderful music ambassadors, and UTB-TSC ambassadors as well. I have already sent the link to music teacher friends in California and New York. They enjoyed it as well.
    Post photos of the food, too :)
    Sally Trenfield

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so happy for you all to be able to BE there and affect your own lives with the rich history in Italy. Music is an amazing vehicle that can truly take people to places that many of us only dream of. Keep on bloggin,' my friends!!

    ReplyDelete